Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our Invitations, Part III: Our RSVP Postcards

I took me forever to understand why our invitation suite "clover green" kept reading as neon green online. Guess which Blogger accidentally saved the file as CYMK rather than RGB? Oops!



Our RSVP Postcards will measure 4 x 6, and feature our showcase flower: the dahlia!

I searched, searched, and searched through the internet to find a public domain clip art illustration of a dahlia. The original clip art had other flowers in the image, and I had to be swift with my eraser tool in Photoshop to edit them out.

We're printing them without a glossy finish so our guests can write on them.

We'll be writing in the number of reserved seats in a gold calligraphy pen.

I wish I could find the exact credit for our RSVP wording. I've seen numerous brides use modifications on the above text on OffbeatBride. I stumbled across the wording, jotted it down, and never actually saved the URL. If anyone has a credit I could link to, please be let me know!



The back of our postcard will be more modest, and just in black ink to save on costs. (Pardon the super-stealthy black censoring bars.) I hope our guests will take up a our offer and write us a note!

1 comment:

  1. Hello :)

    Thanks for your vote for my coasters on SMP! I appreciate it very much!

    Thanks,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete