Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cake for Breakfast.

I laughed and laughed when Chris said this to me, as we were leaving the bakery:

"If I had realized this involved free cake for breakfast, I may have been snatched up years ago."

* * *

We were treated to teeny servings of double layer cake. So many varieties, in fact, I'm not sure I remember all of the flavors. The tasting took place in their main dining room, and customers waiting in line for their coffee and bagels congratulated Chris and I. I'm sure they were hoping we would share.

Chris, the man who "didn't care" about cake, selected the decorations style for us. Truthfully, it is the style I would have selected, too. It is modern, but still fanciful. It isn't something I've seen at other weddings, or in any magazines.

It is modeled after a Martha Stewart cake style, a fact I find hilarious. (Chris likes "The Martha"? Who knew?) The decoration style is known as Transferware, and reminiscent of the 18th century pottery technique. Transferware ceramics typically have black, blue, or brown detailing. Our cake will have black detailing, similar to the cake below.

(source)

Could you help us out? I'd love your opinion:

Is Carrot Cake appropriate for a wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment