Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gold and Green. Autumnal?

For the curious,

(Photo credit: Snippet & Ink, a fabulous wedding inspiration and DIY blog!)

We are having a white and gold wedding.
With accents of chocolate brown and spring green.

The goal: a classic and clean aesthetic with loads of whimsy.
And comics.

We wanted to stay away from standard fall colors. I've never been a fan of deep umber, orange, or shades of yellow. I would be worried black suits paired with orange bridesmaids dressed would look too "cartoony." (I know, I know, I see a difference between "comics" and "cartoons"!)


I bought these fabulous golden Pottery Barn placecard holders from a woman on Craigslist, and I sincerely hope they are the only "leaves" in our entire decor. Aren't they charming?

Pssst--- Fall brides! (And Spring, Summer, and Winter brides, too!)
How are you embracing (or not embracing) the season of your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment