Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gown Shopping Ahoy!

I'm excited to announce I will be going dress shopping next Saturday afternoon. We have an appointment at a local shop--Christine's Bridal of Hartland--and I'm relieved I may be able to find a classic gown without needing to leave the Upper Valley.

I've asked Marsha--Christopher's mom--to join me for the appointment and the fun! Kim is driving up from Boston to join us; I'm so relieved Kim can lend her fashion sense and keen judgment.

I wish my Mom could be there too, but I know I'll be surrounded by Marsha and Kim's love, support, and eye for fashion. Christopher obviously gives his love and support, but he is not allowed to see my gown before the wedding. :)

At first I thought I'd be able to buy a dress online (there are many sites specializing in used or discounted gowns) or perhaps have a gown made, but I'm eager to see what styles and fabrics the Gown Consultant will suggest for me. I hardly ever have occasion to wear a dress yet, much to my chagrin, I'm very giddy about this component of our wedding.

I'll let the blog'o'sphere know how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment