Wednesday, March 25, 2009

DIY Mini Rehearsal Dinner Invites

I got these mini stationary sets at a discount warehouse for three dollars a box.
The very petite green, brown, and white cards perfectly match my wedding colors, and will be used for attendant gift tags.

The purple cards... do not match. Yet, they are adorable. And I've never been one to waste!


The small purple ones are for our Rehearsal Dinner/My 26th Birthday Party.
They measure 2.5 x 5, so I created a 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inner card in Photoshop.

A bit of tweaking with fonts and colors, a trip to Kinkos, and a papercutter later... ta-da!

It also was a practical way to test both my font choices and my font colors.
I'm using Albemarle Swash, modified with a faux-bold.


I tucked a business card from our restaurant--Stonehearth Inn and Tavern, in Chester VT--into the envelope.


I almost (in a crazy bride moment) thought to send our envelopes to our calligrapher but I realized that would make me crazy.

Not everything has to match, coordinate, or look perfect. It's my new mantra.

Will you be using the same "colors" for both your Rehearsal Dinner and your Wedding? Coordinating colors? Or are the colors for your RD not at all in your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment